Vegan Pledge Month
November is World Vegan Month and every year people who are vegan-curious are invited to try the vegan diet for a month.
We have teamed up with Bluebird Wholefoods to encourage people in Nottingham to take part by pledging to follow a vegan diet during November. We can offer participants help, advice and support with ideas as to what to eat and buy, where to eat and how to eat healthily.
We have arranged some discounts with local vegan-friendly businesses for anyone taking part in the November pledge month.There will also be some social events with a chance to meet other people taking part and long-standing vegans.
If you take part you will receive:
- A membership card entitling you to discounts with local vegan-friendly businesses.
- A free 'Vegan Nottingham Guide' booklet with information on where to eat and shop for vegan food, as well as recipes and information on vegan products (normally £2.50).
- Invitations to social events.
- Advice and support when you need it.
We are currently arranging discounts with local business but these are the ones that we have confirmed so far*:
- 10% off at Bluebird Wholefoods. Bluebird Wholefoods is a completely vegan shop selling wholefoods and fine foods, organic and gluten-free products, chocolate and sweets, snacks, sandwiches, cakes and ready-to-eat foods, non-leather shoes, cruelty-free cosmetics and toiletries, gifts and more.
- 10% off at The Dice Cup vegan café.
- 10% off at Amala Living Foods.
- 10% off at Debbie Bryan, a tea-room and craft shop with many vegan options on the menu. Anyone ordering vegan food during November will also receive a free 'LOVEVEGAN' badge.
- 10% off at The Peacock, a pub with a completely vegan food menu.
* Some exclusions may apply
The first social event will be at The Dice Cup, a vegan café next to the Victoria Centre bus station, at 7:30pm on Tuesday 1st November for tea, coffee and some of their delicious vegan cakes.
If you would like to take part, either call into the Bluebird Wholefoods shop at 608 Mansfield Road, Sherwood, NG5 2FS, or fill out the form below. We will give or send you your membership card and Vegan Nottingham Guide booklet and give you all the advice and support you need.
Vegan Pledge Sign-Up Form
If you want to take the pledge to try vegan for the month of November, or if you have any questions about pledge month, please fill out this form.